I’m participating in the Color of Love blog hop. See all those gorgeous covers? You could win one of these books or one of several Amazon gift cards!
When I decided to participate in this hop, the organizers wanted the answer to one question:
Why do/did you write a multicultural romance?
I write romances in this genre for many reasons.
- I want to see characters who represent the diversity of the world we live in. Race, ability, and culture are just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until I break out the aliens, shifters, and magic wielders!
- I want to put stereotypes aside and show real emotion and connection between characters. My books aren’t about race, they’re about people experiencing trials, happiness, sadness, love, loss, passion, hope, anger, and so many feelings that define the human condition. We all want the same things. We all have fears. In my latest release, Dragon Revealed, the heroine has to deal with self-esteem issues while trying to hide her dragon heritage. Can you imagine trying to hide something like that from the world? What would you do?
- I want to see fantasy, sci fi, and paranormal for all of us. Books have never been more accessible. Ebooks have allowed new audiences to find and experience tales they may not have known about or searched for in a traditional book store or library. Most readers connect to or envision themselves as a character. With such a large, growing, and diverse audience, why hesitate to embrace multicultural characters?
Fantasy, sci fi, and paranormal stories are typically bereft of people of color. I wanted to change that with my books and challenge what those genres look like. I want to find myself and my friends in a story while still being swept away.
I think my motto describes my position very well:
“Love doesn’t care about cultures or borders, it is universal, and one of life’s great equalizers.”
I know what you’re thinking, “How can I win a prize?”
Here are the details:
- 1st prize: $50 Amazon gift card + 8 ebooks
- 2nd prize: $30 Amazon gift card+ 8 ebooks
- 3rd prize: $20 Amazon gift card + 8 ebooks
- 4th prize: $10 Amazon gift card + 8 ebooks
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for stopping by, good luck on the prizes, and happy reading!